As we are progressing towards a technologically advanced society, we are witnessing a surge in crime rates all over the world. There can be several reasons why the rate of crime keeps rising. In this article, we will take a look at the most important reasons why crimes are committed across the globe, and where to look for the best winnipeg criminal lawyer.
Reasons For Crime
There are innumerable reasons that can provoke a person to commit a crime. The most common reasons are:
- Poverty – Poverty is the biggest reason why crimes are committed. When people fail to earn enough money to feed themselves and their family members, they often take to crimes like pickpocketing, theft, which can eventually lead to murders too.
- Drug Addiction – This is another reason that can cause a person to commit crimes. Drug addicted people tend to lose control over their minds, which can be a significant reason to commit a crime.
- Religion – Religion is an extremely sensitive issue that can cause several problems. Religious extremism is very much prevalent throughout the world. It can sabotage relationships and friendships, and in the worst-case scenario, it can cause death too.
- Politics – This is not much talked about when it comes to reasons that give rise to crime rates, but it is one of the major contributors nonetheless. Fights between political parties, political differences, etcetera can give rise to the number of crimes.
- Family Issues – Even though we say that we have progressed as a society, we still stumble upon news of honor killings now and then. Apart from that, bitter relationships between the family members can give rise to crimes too.
If you have been a victim of any crime, you need to look for a criminal lawyer to fight for you in court. There are many law firms available for you to approach. In case you fail to find an option anywhere, a simple google search containing ‘Winnipeg criminal lawyer’ will yield you fruitful results.